Sunday, January 10, 2010

100 miles by the end of March - run #6


OMG! i'm soo happy! i set out to run for 60 mins today, i have never run for more the 40. I DID IT! i might be able to call myself a runner pretty soon. I decided the best place for me to try to run for this long with no breaks would be on the treadmill. that way i could control my pace. I tend to start out fast and poop out after 30 mins. i forced myself to run an 11 min miles for the first mile then let myself find a comfortable pace. comfortable? ok, a doable pace. i did want to speed it up a few times but keep telling myself "hold on you still got a ways to go". My nike+ said i was running at 9'16" but the treadmill said 10'30" so i kept it there thinking i must some where in between. i was timing the 60 mins on my watch, watching the calories burned (i can usually do 100 cals every 10 mins) watching the miles on the treadmill, along with the pace and then every now and again i would check the nike+. my eyeballs got tired before my legs. ha! i had ATP from my favorite company, cyto-charge, and chocolate chip cookie before the run.
I fought through the lower leg pain, but other then that i think it was the boredom that was the toughest to deal with. wonder if i will be sore tomorrow?
what a great first week of running, total of 20 miles and 3,000 calories burns. i think thats 12 donuts! i'm looking forward to more....
77 miles to go!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job!! it isn't easy to run for an hour, especially on the treadmill.

    I smiled when i read your comment...7 miles is a huge deal. Not many people can do that!!

    ReplyDelete