Sunday, January 3, 2010

100 miles by the end of March-day #1


I was so exciting get started on this personal goal but at the same time i have this huge fear of failing... how could i fail, i have run for 20mins many, many times. This goal is very easy to reach, really, i know people who run 100 miles in 2 weeks. running 20 mins 5 times a week, come on! I always feel like i have to run farther and faster then the time before. This is my biggest head game right now. I must learn to be comfortable with an easy pace and enjoy the run!
SOOO DAY #1
i got up early, put on my long shorts (its cold here in colorado) and headed to the gym, i really look forward to the day i don't have to use a treadmill but don't want to lose my pace of 9 min miles. My head is all over the place can't seem to get comfortable and stay focused. the first 12 mins were hell! but i refused to stop after 12 mins, gosh! how whimpy that would have been! then i caught the rhythm!! phew! i was trying not to look at my nike+ and just feel the pace. well i was getting close to the finish and thought i would check my pace on the treadmill, SHOOT! i hit the stop button and the treadmill just stopped!! i keep my feet moving to the rhythm i had in my head and jumped off and hit the indoor track...OH! what a great way to transfer my runs from the treadmill to the road. why didn't i think of that before?
Boy did it feel good to lengthen my stride and relax into the pace. I ended up running faster and longer then i set out to do that day. It wasn't easy and i pushed to keep the pace quicker then comfortable, my lungs were on fire BUT! i was very happy with my results !
4 miles down, 96 to go!
I wonder if I'll ever be comfortable just stepping off the door step and going for and easy 10 miler? ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment