Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Eat Bird food?


           I EAT BIRD FOOD!
What does that mean?  Thats exactly what i said!! While eating my lunch a couple days ago, in the break room of a gym, an employee walked in and said "what are you eating? bird food again?" I found this comment very disturbing on many levels. I was eating a 6oz chicken breast, 1 cup of broccoli and a sweet potato. First, the employee was a personal trainer and i hope he doesn't tell people to be fit and healthy you gotta eat bird food but more importantly why do people think that because i compete in fitness contests that i never eat anything but "bird food"?  It cracks me up that everyone thinks i eat gross tasting, boring, disgusting food! Get with it folks i eat healthy!!  AND.....believe it or not, I do eat some not so healthy options every once and awhile. (Did you find the key words there?) i wish i could survive off chocolate chip cookies and fluffer-nuter sandwichs (marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich) If you have never had a fluff sandwich they are the best thing to come out of the east coast! (besides the Red Sox) But you can't survive off of food like that and thats what we need to let people know, because obesity doesn't need to be taking over this world! Yes i do understand it is harder for some people then others when it comes to dealing with weight issues but i don't believe its  THAT much harder to grab an apple, instead of the candy bar, when you need a snack.
 SO give me more "bird food" because i will take that any day over what comes with the candy bar. (tiredness, mood swings, lack of motivation, self esteem issues, medical bills and medication. The list goes on!) 
So according to some I EAT BIRD FOOD!! and proud of it! :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Doneker! I love your blog--it is such a great reflection of your personality! I'm "following" you now on your blog (in the world of blogging that doesn't count as stalking) and can't wait to read more.

    (P.S.--We're leaving in 12 weeks (yikes!). I'd love to get together again for lunch one of these days before we head to Mexico...hey! THAT place is sunny year round...come visit! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete