Saturday, February 6, 2010

still running!

I'm up to 63 miles of my first running goal to do 100 miles before the end of march. running has become an exciting hobby for me. I still wouldn't call myself a runner, maybe after my 1/2 marathon, but the days i have a planned run i get super nervous and sometimes think i don't want to do it. On the days i'm not supposed to run i miss it and can't wait for my next run. i now have some of the more expensive toys that real "runners" have. THE GARMIN! oh my, i just love this gps system that i wear on my wrist. last week i wanted to run fast and made myself sick, i feel like a little kid just learning life's lessons the hard way. first the shin splits because i didn't want to take a day off and let my body heal, then running so fast i over heated and the latest i can't seem to keep my heart rate monitor from sliding down to my waist. I have to ask the running gods of dailymile .com all kinds of silly questions, thank goodness they are all so helpful!
I still look forward to the day that i can just go out and run 6+ miles and have it be uplifting, then maybe i will call myself a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment